||Bdale Garbee <email@example.com>
Amanda is a backup system designed to archive many computers on a
network to a single large-capacity tape drive. This package is
suitable for large amounts of data to backup. For smaller solutions
take a look at afbackup, tob, ...
* will back up multiple machines in parallel to a holding disk, blasting
finished dumps one by one to tape as fast as we can write files to
tape. For example, a ~2 Gb 8mm tape on a ~240K/s interface to a host
with a large holding disk can be filled by Amanda in under 4 hours.
* built on top of standard backup software: Unix dump/restore, and
later GNU Tar and others.
* does simple tape management: will not overwrite the wrong tape.
* supports tape changers via a generic interface. Easily customizable
to any type of tape carousel, robot, or stacker that can be controlled
via the unix command line.
* for a restore, tells you what tapes you need, and finds the proper
backup image on the tape for you.
* recovers gracefully from errors, including down or hung machines.
* reports results, including all errors in detail, in email to operators.
* will dynamically adjust backup schedule to keep within constraints:
no more juggling by hand when adding disks and computers to network.
* includes a pre-run checker program, that conducts sanity checks on both
the tape server host and all the client hosts (in parallel), and will
send an e-mail report of any problems that could cause the backups to
* can compress dumps before sending or after sending over the net, with
either compress or gzip.
* can optionally synchronize with external backups, for those large
timesharing computers where you want to do full dumps when the system
is down in single-user mode (since BSD dump is not reliable on active
filesystems): Amanda will still do your daily dumps.
* lots of other options; Amanda is very configurable.
THIS PACKAGE RELIES ON A RUNNING AMANDA SERVER IN YOUR NETWORK.
For important notes, see /usr/share/doc/amanda-client/README.Debian.
Explanation of suggested programs:
- gnuplot is needed for plotting statistics of backups
|Abhängig von||amanda-common (= 1:2.6.1p2-1), libc6 (>= 2.3.4), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0), libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3), libreadline6 (>= 6.0)|
|Vorgeschlagen||dump, gnuplot, smbclient|
|Ersetzt||amanda-common (< < 1:2.5.2p1-3)|
|Kollidiert mit||amanda, amanda-common (< < 1:2.5.2p1-3)|