|amule | client for the eD2k and Kad networks, like eMule | Mehr ...|
| aMule is a peer-to-peer file sharing application, designed to connect
to the eDonkey and Kad networks. It has a wide range of features,
including many of the original eMule client, like:
* online signature, source exchange, compressed transfers, secure
identification, and IP filter support
* boolean search, which can be local, global, or in the Kad network
* checks against aggressive clients
* slot allocation, to decide the number of remote clients
* systray works well both in GNOME and KDE
* translations to many languages
A daemonized version of the application that does not need a graphic
environment to run is available in the amule-daemon package, and
various utilities of interest can be found in the amule-utils and
amule-utils-gui packages, including the ed2k link hander.
|amule-common | common files for the rest of aMule packages | Mehr ...|
| This package contains localization files and webserver templates for
aMule. You probably don't want to install this package alone, but amule
or amule-daemon instead.
|amule-daemon | non-graphic version of aMule, a client for the eD2k and Kad networks | Mehr ...|
| This package contains a daemonized version of aMule, amuled, that does
not need a graphic environment to run, and can run in the background as
well. It is normally used to be run in a machine 24/7, since the
application continues to run if the X11 session closes.
Included in the package is a webserver that provides an interface to
control the daemon. Remote connections are supported, and the daemon
can be configured to start the webserver automatically at startup. It
is also possible to control amuled via amulecmd, from the amule-utils
package, and amulegui, available in the amule-utils-gui package.
See the description of the amule package for a list of features, and
/usr/share/doc/amule-daemon/README.Debian for some basic usage notes.
|amule-utils | utilities for aMule (command-line version) | Mehr ...|
| This package contains a set of command-line utilities related to aMule,
the eD2k network client:
* ed2k: handles ed2k:// links, queueing them into aMule
* cas: displays the contents of your aMule online signature
* alcc: computes ed2k:// links for the given input files
* amulecmd: text-based client to control aMule or the aMule daemon
Some of these utilities have graphic versions, which can be found in
the amule-utils-gui package.
|amule-utils-gui | graphic utilities for aMule | Mehr ...|
| This package contains a set of graphic utilities related to aMule, the
eD2k network client:
* wxcas: displays the contents of your aMule online signature
* alc: computes ed2k:// links for the given input files
* amulegui (EXPERIMENTAL): graphic client to control aMule or the
A command-line version of these utilities can be found in the